Monday, October 29, 2007

Mariah Interview With B96

Mariah called in to Chicago's B96 yesterday to promote her new fragrance, "M by Mariah Carey." Click on the play button below to listen to Mariah's phone interview with DJs Stylz & Roman.


Transcript:
MC: Hello!
B96: Mariah! There is the voice!
MC: Hi you guys!
B96: Oh, we love your voice, we love you, how are you doing?
MC: I'm doing flantastic, thank you.
B96: If you know Mariah Carey, you know she's always out in the press, so what was up with you? The View, The Today Show, 106 & Park - are you kidding me miss Mariah?
MC: There's a lot going on, a lot of things.
B96: Wait, we're forgetting the most important thing - the Stylz & Roman show on B96.
MC: Of course, you guys are!
B96: No, I think you are unbelievable. Not only you conquered music but right now I believe you're setting records with your new perfume line, it's called "M", and we're getting word that you sold out Macy's New York in 35 minutes?! It was the biggest launch ever in history?
MC: I mean, that was a blessing, and I was so grateful because I put so much work into this. Like I'm not even a perfume wearer, I'm not a fragrance girl, like I don't know the names of all these like.. whatever's out, I never have been into it, 'cause sometimes people just, they just go too far with it and you'd be like "okay... you got perfume on."
B96: That's the funny thing about it, most people wear perfume or cologne to get people's attention before they walk into a room. You don't need that at all, that's hot!
MC: [laughs] Thank you, it's so funny though, because when I was up at Elizabeth Arden, working with the people there who were so cool and really really nice. They were really just like allowing and wanting my input and I was like "this is cool" 'cause I wouldn't wanna put my name on something I wouldn't wanna wear. This is literally the first fragrance that I'm ever gonna wear and it's my own! So that's really cool. Literally every, they call them "notes", the different parts of the fragrance. The top note is kind of like, it's a little secret, but like a toasted marshmallow, it's subliminal, almost there, you're like "what's that taste, I can't quite figure out" - that would be it. Then there's the low note which is like the sensual more musky kind of note which is this incense, kind of like snuck back from Morocco awhile ago and I was like, "Can you guys match this?" 'cause I don't really like that many scents like that, you know what I mean? They did an amazing job. And then the middle note is the flower from Tahiti which is called the Tiare flower and it's like the most beautiful smell I've ever experienced. They actually went to Tahiti, got the extract of the flower, without even killing it.
B96: That's amazing, you know also, you say all these things that mean a lot, but like we've smelt it, and we're not just trying to stroke you, it's amazing! It just smells really really good, we sprayed it at our intern Drea, and now we are flirting with her more than we ever flirted before in our entire lives. That's good, it works!
MC: That's so funny, but it's been like that 'cause it smells different on everybody but it's just that some people like you pick up more of like the sensual note and on some people you'll smell different elements. You know that they actually have people who, what they do for living is, their skin is smelled for fragrances.
B96: I did not know that! Why did I become a DJ? I should have become that in life, what was I thinking?
MC: Seriously, I had these like... we did the meeting in my house and there were like a bunch of girls there and I was like, "Okay, what's this? What's going on here now?" And it was like everybody was just like so they could smell it on all the different people, different body chemistry or whatever.
B96: The good thing is too, also, like the bottle, everybody looks at you know the first image they get of things and the bottle is just beautiful, it's got patented butterfly like up on top, it's a purple mistique looking bottle and then when you open it up, it smells awesome! One of the great quotes I've read here in the press kit is and I quote "for me creating this scent was like creating a song, it takes many notes to compose a fragrance, it's like a beautiful melody." One of those things - you were comparing it to a song, and all the notes you were talking about, is like music for you, isn't it?
MC: It's definitely like music for me, and it's like, you know, I never thought it was gonna be like that. And all of a sudden they're talking to me about notes and I'm like "wait a minute, what do you mean? I'm making an album in the other room, what do you mean?" But it was cool though because I've learned so much and I was working with a team of people that are so, I mean, they're the biggest and best in the business, they're amazing and they were just really cool to me, they really wanted, they wanted me to feel a strong connection to this, and I do. And it's like, I don't think you have to be a fan of mine to like it, that's the cool thing. Like, even... you were talking about the bottle, people are coming up to me and are saying "the bottle is what drew me to it." And it wasn't even like a fan.
B96: It's a cool bottle for sure, and it's available at Macy's and other fine department stores and it's flying off the shelves, "M by Mariah Carey". And we gotta ask you though - is there a new CD coming out, Mariah? what's up with this?
MC: Yes, there is! And a friend of ours had a little sneak peek last night from unfinished songs...!
B96: He just said that if anything, it's 'The Emancipation of Mimi' part two because it's phenomenal and the world is gonna be shocked when they hear it.
MC: Awwww, I love him, you know I love him so much, like honestly, like having, like letting him listen to the record is helpful to me because I feel like sometimes I'm like, "He knows my music better than me." And so...
B96: I gotta let you know, his smile has never been so big before in his life, when he got back from hanging out with you in New York.
MC: We had the best time. We were up all night. I know he had to get on the plane and work and stuff.
B96: It sucks because he comes back and he's all modest, he's like, "Yeah, just hanging out with Mariah Carey". If that was me, I'd be texting everybody I know, I'd brag, I'd brag about that!
MC: You guys are so funny, you guys are hilarious!
B96: So Mariah, can we figure out when we're expecting the CD in stores? Do we have a date or any kind of time frame?
MC: Definitely the entire CD by the top of the year like January, February.
B96: And does that mean a single before then?
MC: Yes! If I don't put a single out soon, I'm gonna be really annoyed.
B96: And is the rumor true that B96 will be the first radio station in the world to have this single?
MC: Isn't it always?
B96: Yes, ma'am! Mariah Carey, thank you so much for taking the time out to call us, once again "M by Mariah Carey" is in Macy's and all fine department stores, and for real, Stylz & Roman - we endorse it, it smells amazing, any girl that wears it - we will date! We will hit on you, we will grab your butt if you're walking by! Don't forget, MariahCareyBeauty.com is the website you're pushing right now giving you details on the perfume as well, right?
MC: Yes, definitely.
B96: We love you Mariah!
MC: I love you, B96!
Source: B96 | Text: MariahDailyJournal

No comments: