Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fans Get a Sneak Preview of New Songs

Fans who waited for Mariah outside the Avery Fisher Hall, where she performed at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards, got to preview two of her new songs!

Tingleigh69 reports, "I saw Mariah outside the Glamour Awards! She signed my Music Box CD and was like, 'I hope you have emancipated' and I said, 'of course.' But to make a long story short she said she had to go because she had to play a song for someone. When she got in the car they blasted a song that we never heard before and I think it was her new song and Rachel (Mariah's dancer-friend) said, 'You guys hear that?' It sounded amazing! I couldn't make out lyrics or anything but it was upbeat and very good. They played two different ones. They are definitely gonna be #1s. But it was only a couple of seconds. That has to mean the song is gonna be on the radio any day or she wouldn't have played it infront of us."

Another fan adds, "It was VERY brief but it was an urban, mid-tempo from what I heard. Higher vocals a la So Lonely. I couldn't hear lyrics except her repeating 'So, so, so -something-' (and no, it wasn't So Lonely). It was very brief and people were screaming. Vocals weren't breathy, just 'higher' in my opinion. The vocals were similar to The Emancipation of Mimi from what I heard. It was a very urban/hip hop influenced song, no guest rappers that I heard and sounded like it was hot. I'm trying to remember, but like I said, it sounded like a great song, very hot! It will do well on radio. I almost thought it was a Rihanna song before I realized it was coming out of Mariah's car."

Source: MariahDailyJournal

No comments: