Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mariah on Power 106's Big Boy's Neighborhood

Mariah called in to Power 106's "Big Boy's Neighborhood" in Los Angeles, California at about 5:45 this morning to promote her new fragrance, "M by Mariah Carey." During the phone interview with DJs Big Boy and Luscious Liz, Mariah also talked about her upcoming album. Click on the play button below to listen to the interview.

Download : Click!
**If It Doesn'k Work The 1st Time TRY Again**

Big Boy: I gotta go take this phone call right now. And I gotta take the phone call live because you don't get these phone calls all the time so I'm gonna make it happen right now and bring a friend of the neighborhood, into Big Boy's Neighborhood, ladies and gentlemen. Mariah Carey is in the hood.
Mariah Carey: Hey!
BB: Mariah, what's going on, love? How you doin'?
MC: Everything is just beautiful. How are you?
BB: I know it is. I'm doing very well, honey. It is a pleasure to talk to you this morning, Mariah.
MC: It's always a pleasure to talk to you. Everybody's good out there?
BB: Everybody is beautiful, alright. You know, let me tell you, we are waiting and anticipating the new album because it seems like as far as the album, it seems like not this is a fast turn-around but we didn't really have to wait as long as I thought we would have to wait for another Mariah Carey album.
MC: Well, I'm like...I'm still, first of all, thank you and I appreciate that. I'm like still in the middle of, not in the middle but just trying to fine-tune things. People don't understand it's just I'm like a perfectionist so it takes me a while to try and get it together. So that's what I'm doing right now.
BB: Do you have an actual date or guess-timate of when the album will drop?
MC: Yeah, I mean it's gonna have to be like the top of the year at this point which I'm like 'My God, I need to have a single,' you know.
Luscious Liz: Trust me, your fans are going 'hah' too. I can't wait to hear the music, Mariah.
MC: I really do. I really have like a couple of singles that I'm like I wanna put this out now, like about 3 different records but there's all different types of records that I have too so it's like it's an interesting project that's kind of like I'm excited about it so...
BB: Let me ask you this, Mariah. When it comes to Mariah, there's so many slashes when it comes to Mariah. Now, we just added another slash. This perfume line, the 'M by Mariah,' is this your first scent?
MC: Yes, it is. It is my first scent...I was not even a perfume wearer. Like, I don't even like fragrances. I know that sounds like, 'Okay, but you promoted a fragrance,' but the truth is the reason I did this is because I don't even like perfume that much. When it's like overwhelming and whatever. I'm not even a person that wears perfumes like that. So when I was talking to Elizabeth Arden and they were like, 'you could be really involved, you could be there from the beginning to the end of the process' It's up to you is basically what they told me. So I was like 'cool' so we just got together on every single aspect of it and I'm so excited about it 'cause it's just something I kind of always wanted to do but I never thought I'd be able to do like this, you know?
BB: Did you think especially when it came to the Macy's launch in New York, did you think like, 'man!' Just how overwhelming that was and just the number, how fast it sold out. Were you surprised by that, Mariah?
MC: I was surprised 'cause it was, I think it was the expensive package that sold out really quickly.
BB: Good Lord, have mercy. I ain't got it, I tell you.
MC: That's a big deal. People put their heart on the money and do that and that really, really means a lot. You know what I'm saying so it was a surprise, and it was a nice surprise, you know?
BB: And you gotta think, Mariah, when it comes to just Mariah fans, it's like Mariah's fans, they're die-hard, I guess. But also Mariah, with them being die-hard fans you don't just sell them anything or you don't just package your music and give them bull because you know they're gonna be there. Why is it so important for Mariah to make sure that her fans do receive the best?
MC: You know because I feel like my true fans they really, they know that when I get involved with a project, you know, as long as it's something within my control, I try to make it the best I can, you know what I mean? So this fragrance was like, it had started back when we first talked about me going on tour. Like we were working on it for that long. And I just didn't talk about it that much until we got closer and closer to the completion of it so it's like you know all the different elements that went into it like... you wouldn't believe how they have to do this stuff like literally like in one way it's like writing a song, and in another way, it's like learning like a science project.
BB: When it comes to '08 Mariah then it's gonna be another Mariah Carey year. For one, M by Mariah Carey we can find it, it's already gonna take over the holidays. And then after the holidays, you know we get a new Mariah Carey album in early '08, God willing hopefully.
MC: Yeah. We will, we will.
BB: And then that whole year is yours.
MC: I appreciate you saying that. You don't understand, I'm like, 'I just wanna play these songs to people and stuff.'
BB: We want you to come and play it, alright? You're Mariah Carey. Nobody can tell you. You can, come on Mariah!
MC: [Laughs] Nah, you know, I gotta do like all this stuff like people don't think about. You know but not everybody knows like we gotta mix the record, then we gotta master them, then they've gotta manufacture - all those like all that part of it so I'm just getting to this section where me and L.A. (Reid) and J.D. and whoever's gonna be really involved in the final, final decision-making and stuff. You know, we're just gonna start listening and start, unfortunately we have to eliminate some 'cause we already have like 16.
LL: Can you at least give us a little teaser of what some of the songs are about, Mariah?
BB: I want to let you know that it's gonna make it.
MC: There's some that I definitely know that are gonna make it. There's already like a guest appearance that I'm like very excited about. But they're telling me 'don't tell nobody.'
BB: I know. If we start naming, if we named the person, can you just bark or meow to us?
MC: You guys have those sound effects, you could do a bark or a meow and it wouldn't be me.
BB: No, we get the Mariah one. Is it Janet Jackson?
MC: What? Never mind. Sorry, that took me by surprise.
BB: Is it Janet Jackson?
MC: I thought you said you had a Janet sound. You know me, I'm not a morning person.
BB: Neither am I. They're gonna figure it out one day too, Mariah. Best believe that.
LL: Do you have a favorite song so far though on the album, Mariah that you're just like, 'Man, I can't wait for them to hear this one'?
MC: You know what? It's so funny 'cause it changes like every time I go to work on a new song. I'm like, 'Oh, this is my favorite.' I know that sounds like you know, 'Whatever, you're right. Everybody says that' but I still like...I'm pretty much, there's a couple of ballads that I'm like in love with and then on this record what I think is more...
LL: What does it sound like? Sing a little piece.
MC: Sing a little bit? If I'm not a morning talker, imagine how bad - I'm not a morning singer.
LL: You'll never sound bad.
BB: I don't know. I heard her sing bad one morning.
LL: No! You're right.
BB: Okay I did, but it sounded good. Go ahead. [laughs]
MC: Actually, I have to go to a studio after this, after we talk and that's gonna be like I'm trying to flip my schedule around so that's like uhh.
LL: See, you have to warm-up right now, you know? [laughs]
MC: I am.
BB: What about this Mariah Carey-Joan Rivers? Did that make it to the album?
MC: The Joan Rivers... I have not heard of that...
BB: Okay, just checking. Man, I heard that you and Oprah did a hot 16? You and Oprah did something?
MC: Oh yeah.
BB: There you go. Oprah is on the album, write that down.
MC: [Laughs]
BB: Mariah, we definitely thank you for the phone call this morning, baby girl. And we cannot wait to see you in the neighborhood and hopefully we'll see you in the neighborhood very soon, Mariah.
MC: You know, I love everybody. Please tell Eman that I said hello. Everybody, all my friends out there and I miss you and I can't wait to see you.
BB: We'll see very soon and when you come, come over here, I'm gonna smell your neck too. Best believe it. M by Mariah, ladies and gentlemen.
MC: I'll be bringing the nice box for the ladies and all the wives of the folks out there. For the ladies and everybody.
BB: MariahCareyBeauty.com. If you wanna go ahead and check it out. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Mariah we thank you little mami. You be good, okay?
MC: Thank you. I love you. I'll talk to you soon, okay?
BB: So you're right Mariah Carey, ladies and gentlemen.
Source: MariahDailyJournal | Kelly K

No comments: